Introduction

Most of the time, I do not have a problem with Christians. Many Christians are perfectly fine people, and even beyond that, some of the Christians that I do have a problem with are sufficiently fine people - my problems with them are probably mine alone.

What this blog is meant to be, really, is sort of an explanation of why I think Christianity is wrong. Why? Because sometimes, some Christians attempt to put any unbeliever or even doubter in a defensive position, and this behaviour of theirs justifies defending one's stance.

Often, Christian evangelism - when informed by apologetics - basically asks non-believers to justify their non-belief, challenges non-believers' justifications for non-belief, and often puts the burden of proof on us - even when the reasonable assumption would be that whoever wants to convince someone of a thesis should be the one carrying that burden.

Essentially, consider this either a response or a defense - partially pre-emptive, partially provoked - to those who won't concede that I might have thought these things through, that I might in fact have a rather well justified reason not to believe in Christianity. It's not an attack, it's a response. If you see this as an attack on your faith, don't read it. If you don't want this kind of response, don't use flawed arguments when trying to convince me of your religion.

Here's the kicker, though: if you are a Christian who thinks I should justify my non-belief if you ever brought up the topic of religious beliefs in the hope of converting me, I think that's a game that it takes two to play. If so, maybe you should read my objections. If so, these objections indeed are addressed to you.

If you are an unbeliever who needs arguments, you are welcome to read this as well. Some of my arguments may be somewhat unusual, in a way that I hope may be useful in responding to people who mistakenly think the burden of evidence rests on your shoulders.

Comments